Saturday 9 August 2014

Big Event to celebrate health care

Link: Big Event to celebrate health care (Leicester Mercury)

Hmm… “Awareness” Events
I’ve just added this comment at the bottom of that article:

"I’m not convinced that the [Leics Partnership NHS-] Trust is even able to share information within it’s own CMHTs and Wards, so I hope that they invite their own staff to this event. The Recovery College is in a ridiculous location with service-users needing to catch two-three buses to the Bradgate Mental Health Unit (a place of bad memories for some) from most parts of the county. The quality of courses at the Recovery College seem poor when compared to other places in the country. Although I hope that there is information of on local support, because "ring Focus Line and talk to your GP" never went down well with mental health sufferers I used to work with - especially those alienated by the Trust’s Crisis Team (inaccessible to all on Single Point of Access line, keep holding line). Awareness raising is a joke and a waste of money when the Trust can’t even provide beds for local patients. And yes, I’m already talking to Customer Services about all of my concerns. Hopefully, the Trust will be getting some feedback from the public on the day about these things."

and … breathe …


Issues, moi?

No comments:

Post a Comment