Thursday 2 October 2014

Singeing those bridges

Had a letter back from J's CPN marked "In the strictest confidence" so I won't be quoting him verbatim. ;) I can't work out anymore what's sincere, what's helpful and what's a warning, so I think I'll back down on the petty subject of wanting our complaints letter to be added to J's file notes.  One of his concerns is that including such a letter in her notes, despite her request to do so, means that he is "endorsing" a complaint about a colleague, and that it isn't an appropriate form of information.  Despite all the confidentiality he seems to know that the complaint is still outstanding, but I think he might be trying to do me a favor as well, basically: if we all work together (back down) good things will come of this. Okay, I resent any letter which implies I'm being abusive or accusative when I'm actually holding back (maybe they're actually putting two and two together and are reading these posts, cos I swear here, but I doubt it)  but me dwelling on this point would be cyclical and pedantic. 
The other day, J, who is trying to hold things together at home, met with him for an appointment having rewritten her Care Plan - and he praised her for this.  She is feeling really positive about working with him, so I'm going to back off for now, unless J prompts me for support.
At the best of times my own pomposity (mirroring their own) makes me miserable and I'm trying to fight that sense of alienation one feels when addressing concrete. I keep saying that I'll refer myself to carer support group, because I'm ruminating far too much on things I have no control over.

Reading between the the lines of the letter from the CPN, the delay in the Trust's response to our complaints might be because they are "seeking advice". I also have no idea if the news article has effected any of these proceedings.  Again, I have still have little faith in their ability to communicate between departments.

No comments:

Post a Comment