Saturday 1 November 2014

Response Letter from Leics NHS PT re. their inability to safeguard my partner in crisis


Letter from Leics NHS Partnership Trust in response to my formal complaint regarding mental health professionals’ repeated failure to safeguard my partner prior to a massive overdose.





  
In summary, there is a partial apology, but everything seems to hinge on the notion of mental capacity and the ability to make decisions. I do not remember J being offered a place in hospital, and if she was, her not wanting to go shouldn’t have effected the decision to admit her. Whilst reading this it’s impossible for me to forget that J repeatedly told the police and the mental health professionals that she wanted to kill herself and how she was going to do it. There is no acknowledgement of this. Is the Trust really saying that if someone is lucid and yet suicidal, that hospital is not the place for them?

Was this logic also applied by nurses and doctors in the treatment of patients who then died whilst under the care of The Bradgate Unit?

I have blurred the names and locations partly because of the nature of the internet caches.

Our original complaint letter is here: Letter of complaint regarding local professionals failure to safeguard against my partner's suicide attempt

No comments:

Post a Comment